Saturday, July 13, 2019

Reflection

As I sit here, the kids are frantically running around making sure their beds are stripped and everything has been packed, and just like that, this week has come to a close. This past week has been a wonderful week full of service, fun and strengthening relationships. I have been completely blown away by the depth of conversations from this group of young people this week and all of the thoughts they've shared. I was lucky enough to go to Honduras twice on mission trips while I was in high school with Holy Comforter. Those two trips were, and still are, life changing weeks that helped deepen my relationship to God and helped me to understand myself and my faith a bit better. I hope that this group has been able to have the same experience that I was lucky enough to have and I pray that they will remember this trip as fondly as I look back on my own. I know that this trip, and the relationships that were formed, is something that I will hold closely in my heart for a long time to come. 

Lizzy


No comments:

Post a Comment