Thursday, July 11, 2019

Letter to the Parish

Dear Friends in Christ
I only wish you could experience at first hand what your prayers and generosity has brought to the lives of these ten young people . Libby , Isobel, Will, Cailean , Abbey , Owen, Emma , Thomas and Gwendolyn .
Seldom have I seen in the 17 years I have been working with the youth at Holy Comforter a more cohesive , selfless and faithful group of young people.
You are playing your part , fulfilling your baptismal vows and being a member of our village .
The daily blogs , I hope you are reading don’t really reach into the spiritual depths that we reach every evening in our check in and noticing where we see God everyday .
God touches us all in different ways sometimes through other people , and sometimes as in yesterday for me when I was on my knees weeding and feeling the earth in my fingers and hands and realizing how precious this earth is and how we have to care for it and be good stewards of God’s creation.
Others have been really touched by how welcome they have made feel by the people we are here to help but in fact I think they are helping us more.
The one on one conversations between our kids and either the other adult volunteers or the clients are making an impact.
Thank you
Denis


No comments:

Post a Comment